Open Switcher is a control application for the Blackmagic Design ATEM video switchers. These are normally controlled with the propriatary Windows or Osx application over a network connection. In some cases it's also possible to control these switchers using hardware buttons but that doesn't expose the full functionality of these mixers.
Switcher Control is a re-implementation that aims to be as close to the supported features of ATEM Software Control as possible. Getting to 100% compatabilty would be quite hard since it exposes quite a lot of extra functionalities for specific models of mixers which would be technically difficult to implement or hard to do due to lack of access to the more expensive hardware.
- Connecting to multiple models of ATEM switchers
- Program/Preview buttons and basic transition controls
- Transition settings for mix, dip and wipe
- Color generator with native colorpicker dialog
- The mixer now supports on/afv and volume control for models that have Fairlight processing, the mixer is read-only so far on the older models
- The space/enter/ctrl+number and number shortcuts work, and alt+number is added to do an auto transition to a specific source
Switcher Control can be installed from source or as flatpak. Flatpak installation:
Install Flatpak (experimental) Install Flatpak (stable)
The experimental branch includes every feature as soon as it's done and the stable branch gets the new versions after the new version has been verified to work in production.
$ flatpak remote-add openswitcher https://flatpak.brixit.nl/brixit.flatpakrepo # For the experimental builds: $ flatpak install https://flatpak.brixit.nl/switcher.flatpakref # For stable builds: $ flatpak install https://flatpak.brixit.nl/switcher-stable.flatpakref
Development for this application happens on Sourcehut and Matrix: